If you’re reading this page through tired, bleary eyes because you didn’t sleep well last night, or the night before or the night before that… and if it’s been like this for days, weeks, months and possibly even years… then you understand what it’s like to suffer the distressing condition called chronic insomnia.
It’s like this:
- You dread going to bed at night because you know you’ll be tossing and turning through those long, long hours of darkness. Yet, despite the long nights, morning comes around much too soon. That’s because you know what kind of day lies ahead of you… one of depressing exhaustion.
- You’re just not having fun anymore. You can’t be the parent, spouse, friend or colleague that you used to be… you just don’t have the energy.
- Your brain feels like it’s wrapped in fog. Your limbs feel heavy and sluggish. Your mood is just plain lousy.
- Sometimes you get in bed and feel like you could fall sleep. But then something happens. Maybe a slight noise. Or a stray thought. Or maybe just the awareness that you might actually, finally fall asleep…then for some strange perverse reason, you get wide awake all over again.
- Then there’s the clock watching. You say,
I just won’t look at the clock,and maybe you even cover it up to avoid temptation. But you can’t help it… you have to watch the numbers tick relentlessly by. Even at 4:00 AM you think,
maybe I can still get an hour of sleep…But it just doesn’t happen.
Does this sound familiar? If it does, I have good news for you.
I have developed techniques and strategies that have cured my insomnia, and they can work for you too.
In a matter of weeks or possibly even days, you can be sleeping peacefully and waking up refreshed and restored… ready to meet the challenges of a bright new day!
My name is Marcia and I suffered from chronic insomnia for over three years. Those were miserable years!
Now I sleep well. And throughout the pages of this site, I’m going to tell you how I did it.
This site will outline for you all the techniques I used and the insights I developed on my road to recovery.
My goal is to help you tackle your own sleep problems using easy, natural, drug-free methods as much as possible.
Whether you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep or can’t fall asleep to begin with, you’ll find tips here that you can use immediately–that’s right, starting tonight!
First, a couple of things you must know before you begin working on improving your sleep:
- Insomnia is not a disease: it is a symptom with many possible causes. You must find out what is causing your insomnia before you can cure it. This site will help you determine what’s really keeping you awake at night.
- Getting over sleeplessness, especially if it’s lasted a long time, takes time. You may have to change some ingrained habits, such as how much time you spend in bed, what time you go to bed, what you eat, when (or how) you exercise.
- You might also have to change some of your thinking habits! I will discuss this in depth throughout this site, but if you are looking for a quick overnight fix, you might be a bit disappointed. Make a commitment now that you are in it for the long haul, and don’t give up until you’re there!
- Good sleep depends mainly on achieving a certain level of comfort–physical comfort and mental comfort. The level of comfort you need may be different from someone else’s.
Your spouse or friend might be able to sleep soundly on a train while traveling in a foreign country, sitting upright, while dozens of people chatter and walk around them. That’s a pretty low level of comfort, but it works for them. It might not work for you.
- You must honor and nurture yourself and your unique needs and requirements. I will show you how to do that, too.
And finally, the best news of all–yes, insomnia CAN be cured, and don’t let anyone tell you it can’t! I’ve done it, and so have many, many others. So relax, take a deep breath, and get ready to enjoy your journey to sound, peaceful, restful sleep night after night!